»
»
»The licence to knit

The licence to knit

IMG_1470
IMG_1469

I remember when I was in year 5 I could choose between crafting class in which you learned how to knit and sew and in which you seriously made a sewing "drivers licence" (! ) and arts class in which you could paint and work with all sorts of materials like wood and papers and in which we went out in the park with our teacher to find inspirations and wouldn't just sit on a table with our needles. It seemed so much cooler and I loved it.

My mom used to work in a crafting shop and is just a genius in knitting. When I look at all the jumpers, socks, scarves and mittens she made for my brother and me when we were young. Norwegian patterns, knitted ice cubes or apple trees on a jumper, it seems there was nothing she couldn't make...
She tried to convince me to go into crafting class but as rebellious I was to this time I didn't want to and there I was painting and wearing my painting-apron: acquarell-like, with carbon pencils ....while the other half of the class was getting their drivers licence in sewing.

Now I really regret that I missed out on such things and also that I always did a little crafting at home with my mom and learned a bit to sew and knit the wish grew the last years to get better with such things. I wanted to be able to create things with my hands. Knit my own scarf and hat.
Well, I got some wool at home at my moms favourite wool shop and asked her to help me starting my own little knitting project.
She is very proud that I try and I am happy to see my little snood scarf growing and growing with every round I knit.

: )

"The licence to knit" was posted by: Yalin in Imgs Free blogs, under category crafthome and permalinks http://imgsfree.blogspot.com/2009/12/licence-to-knit.html. Ratings: 1010 Votings: 97,687, Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 6:41 AM.

Comments :

 
© 2012 Imgs Free
Is Hosted by Blogger